Saturday, February 6, 2010

I can't explain...

...why I am smitten with this house.  Parts of it are seventy years old, but some dreadful remodel attempts are fairly recent.  Check out the "when I care day" paint job.  I must admit that from the road, it looks like a dump. 

It's a bit smaller than our current home, but it has a garage that we can move the business into.  There is an actual dining room, so I'm not trying to seat seven in a kitchen that's big enough to seat two or three.  The laundry room is big enough to bully ours shamefully.  Two rooms have sweet built-in cabinets.   The roof doesn't leak and the floors don't sag.  I would be remiss not to mention that the house plus 17 acres is way cheap, as it is a foreclosure.

My crushes:

A:  Not Fairview.

B:  No feral Fairview chicken population to terrorize our dim cat.

C:  Ten or fifteen minutes closer to almost everywhere.

D:  This is the view out the south (back) side of the house:


It looks like where hobbits live.  Seriously.  (Fingers and toes crossed).

2 comments:

GlowWorm said...

I'm hopping for you too! Yay! 17 acres!! Yay! a dining room! Hurray for the garage.

Lucy said...

I have not been so excited for someone else to get a place. Here's hoping for you.