This last two weeks, I've been thinking about money a lot. I've also been on Spark People every day, recording what I eat, how much water I drink, and any exercise I get (not much). Eating responsibly is a lot like using a budget. Both start with a plan, then are successful based on how you deal with the situations real life throws at you.
We don't all start from the same place with either challenge. Some people have a far harder time losing weight due to health and metabolism issues, and it's hard to budget when the income just doesn't stretch to cover minimal expenses. It's soooo easy to judge others here, isn't it?
When I was in college, I remember making a remark to my mentor/adviser about how creepy it was that John Lennon called Yoko "Mother." She told me that one never really knows what a relationship is like unless it's your own. I don't really know what anyone's money or health situation is like.
All we can really do is share what we've learned. What have I learned? Making a meal plan and a list and sticking to it saves cash at the grocery store. Keeping track of what I eat, even if it's less than ideal, has allowed me to lose about a pound a week for the last several weeks. I have an account at Spark People, an online free website that allows me to track my fitness and nutrition. I love having a report at the end of the day that tells me if I've eaten too much or too few calories, fat, carbohydrates, or protein.
That's what's working for me these days.
Art History Sunday: The Blind Girl
8 years ago





















1 comment:
so true! we either judge others or judge ourselves ("She's so skinny, why can't I control my eating?"--and then it turns out she has IBS and can't eat and wishes she could.)
Post a Comment