We took the kids guilt-bowling this week. The schools, who are strapped for cash, fall prey to those cheezy fundraiser people. I don't want our kids peddling useless, overpriced crap to friends and neighbors, so we just throw all the sales packets away. Then Wednesday, when Toby drove them to school (yes, again!), he saw a huge carnival and bouncy castle set up there. It was a party for the kids who sold useless crap to friends and family. Grrrrrr.
Who paid for this? The fundraiser company? The school? People who bought junk? The whole system sucks. I still want to opt out, and just send a check to the school in lieu of participation in this crap, but way to penalize the kids who don't sell your junk for you. So, bowling, and Happy Meals. They even appreciated it enough to thank us.
Um anyway, the kids, and bowling.
I do love bowling shoes. These are meant to glow when exposed to black light. Not too thrilled about the velcro, though it was handy for the kids.
A typical smile for this little princess. Note the carefully coordinated red ensemble. She did that herself. And the punky near teenager in the background. I'm learning that she will dress like a girl, if I'm more selective of less floofy clothes.
Toby nearly smeared himself over the lanes in an attempt to knock down the pins with his mind... Perfect photographer timing, that.
Proof that I do exist. Moving on...
Loch had a good time for a while, just watching from a safe distance in his car seat. Later, we had to take turns holding him while he flapped excitedly at all the lights, sounds, and noises. Then he fell asleep while Toby held him.
Here is Ivy, complaining about how the ball she just backhanded off the ramp in front of her didn't knock over more than one pin. She alternated that with jumping up and down and cheering. Many hugs were exchanged after a successful turn.
This boy said it was the best night of his whole life. Sucking up will get you nowhere.





















No comments:
Post a Comment