Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Last Stop for Self-Pity.


We're mostly sick around here. I don't know if it's THE flu, but it probably is. All but two of us have been sick for days. It's not debilitating, but I'm sick enough I just want to lie about and feed the baby all day. Too bad it's the Halloween Craziness Countdown, and I have a specific amount of bodices to sew every day so we won't get behind. Awesome.
We're so much faster and better at what we do than last year. I remember being crazy busy and working all the time the month of October last year, but I know that we have probably sewed three or four times as much merchandise. I'm FASTER, this year. Not nearly so fast as Michelle, but still. Toby said he almost can't keep ahead of me cutting.

Check out my trash can full of thread. Okay, there might be a dirty diaper or seven under there, too. Believe me when I say that there is thread EVERYWHERE around here. I find it in diapers, on my food, in my bra. And the little dots of fabric that are punched out when we grommet bodices. Stay tuned, I feel a Family Dictionary entry coming on.

No comments: