Friday, October 30, 2009

Lucky to Have a Home.

Last weekend, we visited Toby's parents for a few hours on Sunday. Upon returning, the house smelled a bit funny. I mean, different from the normal urine and spilled milk. Toby went upstairs to put the kids to bed and found.....

This.


And This.


I hate to place blame undeserved, which is why I'm blaming this little girl.

Sure, she looks defenseless and covered with cake and sweet and sleepy and naked. That's her defense mechanism, the cuteness. She apparently turned on one of our photography lights, which was moved close to the mannequin. Also, right underneath this fire hazard was a box full of shredded paper that had been a packing box for some supplies. One tiny drop of hot flaming plastic mannequin....use your imagination. I know I did.

Guess if we lock the door to the sewing room when we're not in there? We do now.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Kids get away with so much when they are so cute. Not fair. I wish I was cute enough to get away with more.
As for the burning...I feel for you. My 7 yo likes to play with matches...imagine if you will, my bathroom towel and the roll of TP on fire, all while still in the bathroom where they should be. Nearly caught the house on fire. Geesh.