Monday, August 10, 2009

Cool Links for Mom Clothes.

Not Mom Jeans. I do like both these sites, and have used the Sense and Sensibility girls' pattern to make a dress for Liv. I appreciate the Baker Lane designs especially because of the reasons detailed in my previous post. They're both a little too sugar-cookie sweet for me.

Sense and Sensibility Patterns
Baker Lane Dressmaking & Design

I now need to think of a way to make it more my style: Victori-Gothic-Retro-Geeky-Bohemian-Fairy Tale-Punky-Naughty Secretary.
I think I have multiple personalities.

1 comment:

GlowWorm said...

I totally relate. One thing I found was this site:

http://www.toplessundershirts.com/

I think these are nice because they keep the belly fat covered when you have to pull up your shirt for nursing, plus the whole layered look is in right now. I tried to make one with a cotton tank top, but it was too stretchy. Need to find fabric with some spandex in it. I think

I like this tutorial for a nursing top alot

http://www.rostitchery.com/2in1-nursing-top.html

but have my doubts about how a size 16-20 woman would look in it. I have a fear that I would look like a sack of grapefruit that had fallen off a truck and been run over a couple times