We made the long trip to Harrison, AR yesterday to get checked out by my midwife, Candy. Everything is going just fine: he's still headed south, I show no signs of any complications like eclampsia. Good to know. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be showing signs of imminent delivery, either. Sigh.
While we were there, Candy's assistant took my blood pressure while Livvy was discussing whether we should have twins, triplets, or quadruplets next time, so we can fill up our van. The bottom number was 95, so we took it again with no stressful chatter...and it was 77. That's how much my blood pressure can jump around according to if I'm nervous or stressed out!
So, now we're down to eight days left until my due date. My blog ticker at the right is actually one day early. I STILL need to make a new car seat cover for the boy, and a new summer nightgown for me. I'm wearing my long flannel one, and just burning up. Oh, and we still don't have a name picked out.
I have managed to accomplish some nesting-sewing. Each of the little girls got a new skirt two weeks ago. Hollis has a new set of train high-water pants/shorts. I made a new flannel and quilt cotton blanket for the baby. I need to make something for Liv. She needs a nice summer dress for church.
The box is waiting in the closet, full of sweet-smelling freshly washed baby clothes. We've bought some diapers and supplies for after, and I have a suitcase and box of birth supplies in the van, ready to go. I need to remember to take the camera and an extra battery, too.
Art History Sunday: The Blind Girl
8 years ago





















No comments:
Post a Comment