I found a seller on Ebay that's selling vanilla beans crazy-cheap. I am now the proud owner of a pound of vanilla beans for the price of about ten bought locally. This year for Christmas presents, I'll be making something with them. Stay tuned.
By the way, did anyone out there have Strawberry Shortcake dolls when small? Vanilla beans smell EXACTLY like a Strawberry Shortcake doll. The toy makers did a pretty good job of making the dolls smell lovely. It's very nostalgic for me.
For tomorrow, try to guess why a nice Mormon girl, or even a not-so-nice one, is planning to buy a lot of vodka!
Art History Sunday: The Blind Girl
8 years ago





















2 comments:
I'm told you watch Good Eats, so I would assume you're making your own vanilla extract. No made-from-wood vanilla flavoring for you! ^_^
Oh my I need to get som hooch too. I have a package of Vanilla beans from Madegascar and Tahiti. I have been dieing to make the extract but haven't had the nerve to buy the Vodka. I also keep wondering if Rum or Brandy would make good vanilla or would that be a conflict of interests. :o)
Post a Comment