Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Box 'em and ship'em.

Did you know that Ivy will fit into a box that originally held three yards of home-dec fabric?

I'm still trying to get up the nerve to buy some hooch to make my homemade vanilla (Mellie is the winner--Hey out there!) And by the way, if anyone out there hasn't seen Good Eats with Alton Brown, you are missing out. It's about my two favorite things: food and nerd. Toby and I have frittered away many a lazy hour watching AB make edibles on YouTube. It's kind of a bedtime ritual around here.

Oh, and if anyone out there went to school with Amanda H., you must read her sister Katie's Happy Birthday tribute. Just make sure you pee first. And don't be drinkin' milk, either.

I must add to that my own Amanda story. When she came home from her mission, she gave a talk in church. She was telling us about getting to the MTC and feeling like she shouldn't be there. Her specific words were: "SCREW the dang MTC, I'm going home!" The bishop's eyebrows shot up so high, I thought they would leave his head entirely. We miss you, Amanda, and Happy Birthday!

No comments: