Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Toby Thirty

This is Toby. I met him in high school and we were married when we were both nineteen, still kids, really. This picture says a lot about him. He's not afraid to wear an apron and make biscuits and use indecent amounts of butter. He has a spectacular and twisted sense of humor. And did I mention he's pretty dang hot and knows it? Toby turned thirty last Thursday, so Happy Birthday from your older woman.

In other news, I did some extracurricular sewing....for fun. I get sort of obsessive about things sometimes and if you read my last post you can probably guess what it is. I've been dying to make some Regency-era clothes for the fam, especially since I think Toby would be uber-sexy in a tail-coat and top hat and empire waisted dresses are made for busty girls like me. I started with the Sense and Sensibility Regency girl's dress pattern and made this for Liv. The fabric is so NOT period, but it is SO her:Pardon the crappy picture. I learned that the S&S girl's pattern runs small. I measured Liv and she was exactly the size eight on the envelope. However, it was so tight around her shoulders and chest that I couldn't put buttons on it and had to grommet the back so it will lace up. Then I had to add a modesty panel behind it so her back doesn't show.

1 comment:

GlowWorm said...

I am amazed that you managed to salvage the dress. I would have just given up and been like, "Maggie, come try this on." As to the fabric, who cares if it isn't period? I think the patterns of yesterday with the fabric of today is one of the benefits of living now :) That and indoor plumbing...