Monday, March 10, 2008

Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky!

Monday night is the night we let the kids stay up late so we can all watch Anthony Bourdain on the Travel Channel at my parents' house. We call it Bad Parenting Night, since it comes on at nine or "bedtime," as we usually term it. Also, who doesn't love a show about food that has a parental advisory after every commercial break?

The Romanian show had its slow points, but one line rings on in my sick twisted mind. How can a Midwestern Mormon mother of four manage to work the phrase "Buck-Rogered by Tim Curry" into more polite conversations? It makes me laugh every time I think of it. Especially since we sad midwestern kids had our own Rocky Horror Picture Show nights at least twice in high school. I made a pretty sweet Magenta, and my little sister made a pretty killer Frank. Seriously. I have pictures. Ahh, good times. Is it wrong for a girl to dress up like a guy who dresses like a girl?

2 comments:

traci said...

I hope it's okay that I am leaving a message here. I didn't want to scare you. I am the one you sent your apron to and I really wanted to thank you for it. I LOVE the colors. So pretty and I hope you are all feeling better. That flu got us as well. Thanks again, Traci

Alphacyg said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you like it.