Monday, March 24, 2008

I Don't Get Out Much, Do I?




We signed up for Netflix a few months ago because we decided that:



1. We have seen or own all the movies to be easily rented around here that we're interested in.



2. If it saves us one trip to town for entertainment purposes a month, it pays for itself.






We've enjoyed it muchly.






So we rented Nanny McPhee for the kids, and I just had a chance to watch all of it. What can I say? There is an impossible and gorgeously colorful house, a large family (although no Mom), loving discipline, Emma Thompson, and Colin Firth.






Now, when my sister showed me Bridget Jones' Diary and was all frothing about Mr. Firth, I thought, "He's all right, in kind of a nerdy regular guy sort of way." I since discovered the six-hour goodness that is Pride and Prejudice (a Bonnet Movie, as my dear husband refers to them) . And there is something about the way he can show off an acid-green velvet tailcoat:




No comments: