Added to my growing list of "JILL DOING THINGS SHE WANTS TO DO?" I bought this. When I thought about things I enjoyed doing most in the past, playing music in band was near the top of the list. It was really difficult spending that much money on something besides the house or the kids or something "useful." It was difficult spending money on myself, basically.
So anyway, I've had the drum set for a few days, and my cymbals just arrived yesterday. I've already learned a few things, though.
1. All children love drums. Some love them louder than others.
2. Pencil skirts and playing drums don't mix.
3. I still remember a few things, but I have lots of practicing to do.
4. I enjoy practicing. It's a great mix of physical activity, aggression-venting, precision, and relaxation.
5. Drumsticks are like bank suckers. They give you a pair with each transaction. I have three sets of drumsticks now, plus an oddball one stick because the kids lost half of my high school set.
5. If you give a mom a drumset, she will try to convince her family to play with her.
The last one is going to be fun. I think we're working on a multi-generational three-piece Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco cover band. Five-piece, if you add piano and trombone.
Art History Sunday: The Blind Girl
8 years ago






















No comments:
Post a Comment