Friday, August 17, 2012

First Day of School and Tonsillitis.

These kids had the fun one, I had the other.

I have heard a lot of memorable things from the kids this week.

Ivy, looking around her kindergarten classmates:  "I didn't know I had so many friends!"  I have raised a sociable child!

Maggie, in her best cute matter-of-fact voice:  "Friday is our new Thursday."  (The day Aunt Laural visits.)  I have raised a kid who likes routines!

Hollis, in the back of the car:  "I'm going to spend all day Saturday reading!"  Oh, it warms my heart to see that reading has finally caught fire inside him.  I have raised another reader!

Liv, also in the back of the car:  "We finally got to play our instruments in band and have new really hard Can-Can music."  She has been very dedicated to her trumpet this summer and has practiced without being reminded to do so.  I have raised another band geek!

Lochlan:  "I want to wash my hands."  I have raised a hygienic child.  For a kid who refuses toilet #2's, he is surprisingly fastidious.

Cora:  "Puppy!"  Also, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhh!"  It means up, but she's not very polite about it.  I have raised another impatient English-speaker!

No comments: