*Near/past my due date, I become a hermit. I don't want anyone to look at me. I don't want to go out in public, or to church. I don't want anyone to ask me when my baby is due, especially if it's then followed by a story about how their doctor "would never let them go so late..." Yeah, bite me.
*I also have started to consider lying to people when they ask if this is my first baby. Should I be flattered that I look like a first-time mom? Mentioning that it's actually my sixth always leads to more conversation than I'm comfortable with. Now that I think about it, I'd rather avoid conversation at all costs.
*We've been in this weird holding pattern for at least a week, if not more. You know, ready for things to happen at any time, and all packed and ready to go. Now, it seems like I packed the bags for the trip to the midwife's place so long ago, and I keep being tempted to go and make sure that I got everything, because I don't remember.
*All those folk remedies? Yeah, tried 'em. Pretty much everything but castor oil. We've done the fun ones, anyway. Still nothing.
*It's ultra-depressing when some of my more flattering/closer fitting maternity clothing doesn't fit anymore. I'm relying on one pair of jeans and some leggings, plus a couple of my longest shirts. Those are all that will consent to cover the belly.
*It's becoming harder and harder for me to not panic about how long this is taking. Is there something wrong with the baby? Is there something wrong with me? This is definitely the longest I've ever been pregnant, and eight extra days is quite literally an eternity. I want to cry every morning when I wake up and every night when it's bedtime, because I am not in labor. I normally cry about twice a year, not twice a day.
*Oh, yeah. There's a kid in there. I kinda want to meet him or her face to face, and sometime soon. Now I feel really selfish and whiny.
Art History Sunday: The Blind Girl
8 years ago





















4 comments:
I was 9 days overdue with Benji because I refused to allow the doctor to give me pitocin.
being a hermit isn't a bad thing--especially to avoid all the advice. I remember a doctor from our ward in Springfield saying,"You're still here?" (as in the dumb obviously answered question "You haven't had that baby yet?")
I said, "well, no one has offered to shoot me in the head yet, so yes, I am still here."
I would have given such an offer serious thought.
Good job. I've heard Pitocin is the devil.
Maybe day 9 is my lucky day.
I can't claim too much credit. I submitted to pitocin with the other 4. It turned out to be exactly the same labor for me as without pitocin.
Actually pitocin was no worse than any of my other deliveries. I had it with Caroline because everything just STOPPED for more than 2 weeks. I have no idea how due we were the date was never fixed but she was one fat little baby when she finally popped out.
Post a Comment