I must admit that now I keep track of how many years we've been married by adding two to Livvie's age....
Thirteen Years Ago, We Had:
No money.
Barely nineteen years apiece.
Unwilling parents.
High School diplomas.
A crappy Dodge Omni.
And most of all, determination that we had to be together.
Since Then:
We stayed together.
We've produced six kids (Yeah, I'm counting this one.)
Paid our bills.
Owned thirteen vehicles.
Been in five wrecks that weren't our fault.
Had several different jobs.
Tried school again a few times.
Rented a crappy apartment.
Rented a crappy house.
Remodeled a crappy trailer house.
Mostly remodeled a crappy cat-ridden house and lived there nine-plus years.
Bought an investment property and didn't break even.
Bought another old house on the awesomest 17 acres ever, totally unexpectedly. I hope to be here long enough to make it not crappy....
No list seems adequate to sum up the last 4742 days. All I can say is, it's been worth it.
Art History Sunday: The Blind Girl
8 years ago





















2 comments:
Classic Love Story :) Ruggedly handsome Viking-type prince charges in on white horse/rusty Omni and rescues quiet and exceptionally smart goth maiden from a lifetime of lab research and astronomy/bondage conventions. They get married, happily ever after, and she uses her sweet science skills to raise 6 intelligent, talented, and definitely never boring childrens. <3
Aw! Congratulations, you two!
Post a Comment