On Sunday afternoon, I left Toby and the kids at his parents' house so I could spend the evening with my cousin Shannon and her new baby.
As I walked to the car, I noticed Ivy playing outside with the other kids. She was wearing only a very baggy pair of training pants, inside out, of course. What was that on her shoulder? Oh, a toad. On her shoulder, like a parrot. As I watched with horrified fascination, she plucked the amphibian from her shoulder, gazed lovingly into its beady little eyes, and KISSED IT.
It DID NOT turn into a prince. Before we could get to her and have a little talk about hygiene, she also attempted to breastfeed it.
Yes, we did have that talk, and we did wash her hands and face. That was one very well-loved baby toad.
Ivy has become obsessed with little stuffed animals. She calls them her babies and carries them around everywhere with her. The animals are always odd choices, though. Her favorites: two stuffed ostriches, a kiwi bird, and a very ugly lizard. She calls all the birds "my baby ducks." The lizard is "my baby yizzard." Oh, and she also has a plastic snake that is her baby snake.
Maybe she wants to make sure the ugly babies get love, too?
Art History Sunday: The Blind Girl
8 years ago





















3 comments:
You just made my day. Loving it :)
Jill, that may well be the funniest post that I have ever read! The girls are looking at me strangely for apparently laughing at nothing they think is funny. Zelda loves to play snake and spiders, but because we aren't in the country anymore she doesn't get to play with the real things...oh, darn : ).
HAHAHA!!!
Kids are great, aren't they? :)
Post a Comment