I am an overachiever with a cushy slacker coating. Sometimes, I have trouble starting a project because I'm afraid it won't measure up to my expectations. It's a little complex I like to call "crippled by perfection." As the Hens and Flylady are fond of reminding me, "Done is better than perfect."
So here's to today. I will keep moving. I'm not doing anything huge. I'm just going to lift my fanny from this chair (as soon as I finish blogging!) and do something.
Of course, there are a million squared things to do. I am SO not going to think about it. I am going to go and reboot my laundry. Then I will do another thing. One at a time. It is liberating to do one thing, instead of worrying about how to do a million squared.
Art History Sunday: The Blind Girl
8 years ago





















2 comments:
love your blog background! It is perfect for you. And I agree with your post! THere is no fairy godmother of motivation. You just do one thing at a time.
I do way better when I one thing it at a time. It helps sometimes if I put the one things on slips of paper or cards and choose from one things to do. I can throw the card or paper away when done or put it into a box if it is house things to do. It helps me better than a list does sometimes. With a list I feel bound to go in order and if I hate then next ONE thing I get derailed and quit. With cards I can pick what ever I want next and don't forget anything. But then you know my memory.
Post a Comment