
I've been quite restless about the fact that even though breastfeeding *supposedly* uses five hundred calories a day, I am pretty much stuck weighing five pounds more than I did before the Loch-pregnancy. Okay, I've actually been restless about a lot of things, but I can't control any of the others much.
I've been faithfully working out on the treadmill for about two and a half weeks and keeping track of my "progress" with a free online fitness journal. I've lost, then regained, then lost again, about two pounds. I'm trying to motivate myself with things like more energy, less depression, etc... It's mostly vanity.
I checked my measurements for the first time since starting, and there is a difference. My bum is about an inch and a half smaller. Bust, an inch smaller. Thighs, also an inch smaller. Waist? No change. Just the flippin' place where I need to lose weight the most. I'm already shaped like the ice cream cone above, if it looked like it had also gestated five kids. Also, it's half Nutella-flavored, just like me.
Where does that leave me? Holding my pants up with a belt, and worried that if I lose more weight, I might not be able to sell corsets anymore, if you know what I mean. I knew I'd been working hard, but was not aware that I've literally been working my a** off.





















1 comment:
Jill!!!! I understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. Do you know what part pisses me off? We're doing the things we're supposed to be doing. Having children, and trying to be good moms. And what do we get in return? Hey, here's some more fat for your body.
At least you don't live in utah with all of the beautifully polished "provo-moms" with their size 0 $200 jeans, perfectly flat stomachs, perky fake breasts, blonde hair...and oh, 4 kids. *sigh*
Post a Comment