This little beauty is my new purse. I've had a simple bag of red and white checks, with a bored-looking bacon mouth and egg eyes on it I do love it, but it is just a rectangular narrow bag that doesn't have any pockets, and my gel pens have leaked all over the bottom of it. Plus, Toby is tired of hearing my phone ring and not being able to find it, and I am tired of him just upending the contents to find the phone.I want to make some sort of interior lining system so that my stuff is neatly organized and findable. I'm just trying to figure out how to do this without "breaching the hull." I thought of sewing to the inside (tricky, and might leave holes in the vinyl), or maybe hot-gluing to the inside (but I don't want to melt anything). I was thinking of maybe making a very stiff lining that follows the curves of the interior, and just making sure that all the stuff stays in there. Then I can sew pockets onto that lining. So if anyone out there has any ideas, just let me know.





















2 comments:
That's a pretty sweet purse!
I would just make a few stiff-ish inserts that are the shape of the purse that just slide in... kinda like a box of manilla folders only it would be a bag of stiff muffin-shaped pockety things.
You could make the main part of the insert out of denim or something stiffer maybe, with a zipper in the top, and then have a bunch of smaller pockets (cell phone, chapstick, gum, etc) on each side of it (either inside or outside).
I hope that made sense... I kinda suck at explaining things. :)
COULD you just tack the lining in by hand in a few strategic spots?
Post a Comment