Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Wed!

This is my little Margaret. She's named after my dear difficult Grandma. I should have seen that one coming. We did NOT get along for about the first two years of her life, due to her constant frustration and screaming no matter what I did. Ahem.

Now Maggie is a sweet funny little girl of three and a half, and we get along just fine. She's at that age where she says the goofiest things in the most adorable little-girl voice. Examples:

"Dad, did you hear that noise? It wasn't the storm-it was me burping."

Maggie, crying inconsolably, so I ask her what's wrong.
Mag: "Natalie said my hair was YEDDOW!"
Me: "What color is it?"
Mag: "It's WED!"
(I'll admit that I have wished her hair would darken up again, but it is a beautiful light strawberry blond.)

She likes to sing the ABC's while we're driving in the car. She's got them down, except for that tricky little fast "L-M-N-O-P." It usually sounds more like "M-M-M-O-P."

Right now, she's obsessed with the Disney Little Mermaid movie. She likes Ariel because "She has wed hair and a widdel nose." (like Maggie does.)

No comments: